Guest Guest

need help with military

Guest Guest

My husband died this past feb.08 before his death it was determand that his lung cancer and copd was a direct result from being exsposed to agent orange and as a result was granted 100% disability with back pay he retired from the army 1972 after serving 28 yrs including three tours in veitnam as a cw2 I married him in 1975 after his retirement am I entitled to his back time for the agent orange we were married 34 yrs if this can not be snswered please refer me to a source that can help free if possible because I am broke and on the verge of losing everything my husband served and fought for.

Thank you, Fran

Thank you

Guest Guest

Have you tried to contact the VA? I know they can be a huge pain because of the red tape but it would be a good place to start. Also, you could consider contacting your local Legal Aid Society branch who could likely point you in the right direction if they can't handle your kind of case.

Best of luck!

Guest Guest

Unfortunately, if your husband did not enroll and pay for the survivor's benefit plan, you are out of luck. Everything stops with his death. You can check with the VA but they won't tell you anything different. Due to your long marriage, you should be able to collect survivor benefits through Social Security.

×
×