estate15

15k cd only property

In the state of Ohio my deceased Mom left a 15k cd in her and/or my brothers's name. she resided with me in florida for the last 20 years with no property or account. do we need to process the cd in probate court ? Thank you.

If parties were named pay on death beneficiaries, I can't imagine why this would require probate. Howsabout asking the issuing bank what they want, e.g., a certified copy of death certificate, etc. They don't need a letter of administration from a probate court to give the POD beneficiaries' their money.

(I can't imagine she had NO property whatsoever beyond a $15k CD, however. No furniture? No clothes? No stuff? No checking account? Neither here nor there, but that can't be accurate.)

×
×