Sign in to follow this  
brighteyes34

Insurance issues/Personal injury

I was involved in an accident on Nov. 14th, in which a guy hit me while I was doing a proper left hand turn, in which he inproperly passed a line of cars. Highway patrol investigated, and cited him in the accident. I was hurt: had whiplash, and have been medically treated since with neck and back pain. My car was totalled.

This guy told his insurance company he DID NOT HIT ME!! (What a joke....witnesses!!) and they refused to pay. Now my insurance company is jerking me around (has been for ten weeks now). What do I do, short of hiring an attorney?? Kindly advise.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you really should consult with a personal injury attorney. Insurance companies are in the business of minimizing their losses, so it makes perfect sense that they would deny benefits in a situation where their insured is denying that he was involved in the accident. Further, unless you are already at a stage where you are dealing with your insurance company's attorneys, it is unlikely that the person you are speaking with at your insurance company has any understanding of the laws pertaining to negligence in your state.

Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations and most also work on a contingency basis. That is, your attorney will not require you to pay any fees up front. Instead, fees will be taken as a percentage of any damages award you receive. If you were injured in an accident, you may be eligible for damages based on factors the average non-attorney would not even think to request. A typical auto accident damages award may include cost of past medical care, cost of future medical care, cost of lost work time, cost of anticipated future lost work time, and pain and suffering. To maximize damages recovery, it is always advisable to retain an attorney.

To find a local personal injury attorney, try this resource:

Browse Personal Injury Lawyers by Location

Sign in to follow this