Guest Guest

Negligent Mis-representation

Guest Guest

I reciently won a suit where the judge stated that the dealings were negligent Mis-representation.

This decission was also upheld in the apeals court. (Superior Court of California)

My question is; Is Negligent Mis-representation a species of fraud. If so is it dismissable in Bankrupcy court ???

Someone told me that a california superior court case involving Contiential Airlines would up hold this decission ??? and that is was not dismissable, ??

Thanking you in advance for any information you can possibly give me !!

Sincerely

J***** G*****

####.com

[this post has been edited to remove personal information -moderator]

"My question is; Is Negligent Mis-representation a species of fraud. If so is it dismissable in Bankrupcy court ?"

Yes and yes, although the proper terminology is dischargeable. Debts arising out of INTENTIONAL misrepresentations are not, but those arising out of negligent misrepresentations can be.

"Someone told me that a california superior court case involving Contiential Airlines would up hold this decission ? and that is was not dismissable, ?"

First of all, these are not questions despite your use of question marks. Second, who is "someone"? Apparently not a lawyer because... Third, decisions by the superior courts are (a) not published and (B) not authoritative. Only decisions by the California Supreme Court and published decisions of the Courts of Appeal are authoritatives. Fourth, California courts do not decide issues of dischargeability in bankruptcy. Only federal bankruptcy courts (and federal appellate courts) decide such issues.

×
×