Sign in to follow this  
StarFire1

Can't seem to get an answer

My lawyer isn't doing his job I have been trying to get a non-contested divorce for two years. My lawyer keeps putting me off telling me he can't get ahold of my I wish ex-husbands lawyer. He does not return my calls and says he does but i do have voicemail and caller idea. I just want my divorce what can I do? There is allot more I would like to have someone I could speak with in person to find out how to report him as well for other unethical issues.

First, you are always free to change to a different attorney. Simply consult with and then choose a new attorney. The new attorney can help you fill out the appropriate form to change representation.

With regard to reporting your current attorney for ethical issues, this may be accomplished through your state's bar association. Do an Internet search for the name of your state plus the term "bar association"-- for example: "StateX bar association." When you arrive at the proper web site, look for information about attorney complaints and follow the instructions you find there.

Im not sure what state you are in, but you can call up to your state bar association. Google your state and "Bar association", and then you can contact them about your issues. They are the governing body over your lawyer. We had to do such with our lawyer and we got our retainer fee back from him.

If your husband has counsel and is choosing not to go along, you're not going to get an "uncontested divorce." By definition, that requires that the other party agree to everything which apparently the case.

Sign in to follow this