Sign in to follow this  
singledance

son hurt

my son had four cases of bottled beer fall on him when they were training a girl how to use a forklift in a large wholesale store. It was right were they were handing out free cookies to tasted. He suffered a hairline fracture of his T1 vertabrae. It has healed I guess after months of treatment.At least the fracture has healed. He is only 10 years old and suffers neck pain whenever he reads or plays handheld games for more than 20 minutes. They only want to give him three thousand dollars because there is no fracture anymore.. I am afraid his pain will contimue and he could get arthritis in his neck later on in life. They say that does not matter, because we don't know if he will or not and there is no proof he is still in pain. Can they get away with that, my son would not have to worry about pain later in life if they had not been so severely negligent. I have a lawyer but how do you fight the big guys. I am so angry that my son already has to hold a book up to eye level to not feel pain. I have to do that but Iam 50, and my arthritis in my neck is from a fall I took as a little girl.

Having an attorney handle your case is absolutely the right decision. Personal injury settlements are complex and may include a number of factors. A typical personal injury settlement may take into account past medical bills, anticipated future medical bills, pain and suffering, anticipated loss of work ability and cost of physical rehabilitation.

Your attorney will likely hire several experts to testify as to the proper amounts for future expenses related to the accident. Based only on the very limited information you present here, $3000 sounds like a low first offer for a case involving a fractured vertebrae. Consult directly with your attorney to learn what factors may have led to that low of an offer and what factors your attorney feels are relevant to your case.

Sign in to follow this