Guest Guest

Public Schools & Policy

Guest Guest

My daughter is thirteen never been in trouble, honor roll, and CHEERLEADER. THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL ADJOURNED FOR THE SUMMER THEIR WAS A FOOD FIGHT IN THE CAFETERIA. it WAS THE POSITION OF THE ADMINISTRATION THAT ANY ONE INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR ONE WEEK. THEY SHOWED ME A VIDEO TAPE OF NY DAUGHTER RUNNING OUT OF THE ROOM AND NEVER THROWING ANYTHING. DOES NO'T MATTER SHE WAS THERE.

TWO WEEKS PRIOR SHE TRIES OUT FOR SECOND YEAR OF CHEERLEADING AND MAKES THE TEAM. it'S THE POLICY OF THE CHEERLEADERS THAT IF YOU GET SUSPENDED YOU GET KICKED OFF THE TEAM.

YOU GOT IT, SHE WAS SUSPENDED WITHOUT CAUSE BECAUSE IT WAS PUNISHMENT FOR EVERYONE THERE. AND FALL OUT IS SHE IS KICKED OFF THE CHEERLEADER TEAM.

WHAT LAW CAN BE INVOKED TO STOP THIS, CAN I FILE FOR A T.R.O., can I sue the school board for damages please advise

Leon

I don't anything about administrative laws, but this I do know: if a parent makes enough of a headache for the teachers, principals, coaches, administrators, etc they will act. Make an appointment with the principal and talk to him/her about it.

This seems like a clear case of where the principle violates fairness. Merely being in the same room where a food fight starts is not grounds for punishment--especially if it shows her not starting it and running away from it. I would protest the decision to suspend her. There must be procedures to do this. Find out what they are from the school or administrator's offices and start right away. Start a letter campaign as well.

×
×