Guest Guest

religion being forced on volunteers

Guest Guest

I was working for the local food pantry for the last 6 yrs. This month they actually called ministers of anyone who did not belong to their church to check on that volunteers church attendance. Then isf we did not attend church every week we were sent home. Is this legal? They are subsidized by the central missouri food bank and distribute USDA food. Shouldn't our religion or lack of be our own business? I have been in a position of some authority for the entire time and have had no complaints about my work.

"Is this legal?"

Absolutely.

"Shouldn't our religion or lack of be our own business?"

Some people would say yes, and others would say no.

It's a volunteer organization. If the people who run it want to do so in a way that discourages people who want to volunteer, that seems pretty stupid to me, but it's a choice they're entitled to make.

×
×