Chasity capasso

Wrongfully terminated

I was the general manager of a company and believe I was wrongfully terminated. I am 7 months pregnant and have established hyperemesis, such requires I have IV  fluids at a hospital every week or so. On Sunday, I was supposed to work from 2 am to 8 am. My employee never showed up at  am, which meant I would have to work from 2 am to 8 PM. I was throwing up violently during my entire time at work, non stop, in front of customers. I needed medical treatment immediately. After I could not reach my director of operaterations to find out what I should do, and after informing my district manager that I was very sick and needed to go to the ER, I decided to go and shut the store down and return after receiving IV fluids. Before I could return, my DO texted me to say I was Fired! There is a disciplinary policy is place that they need to follow which requires you get points against you for violations, etc. She did not follow this policy and terminated me. But again, I was having a severe medical emergency. Should I contact an attorney? Do I have a case?

While this technically does not meet the legal definition of a wrongful termination, I agree that there's no harm in talking to an attorney who can review the disciplinary policy and see if it is legally binding. The worst that can happen is that the attorney says you have no case.

×
×