Sign in to follow this  
Sjohnson

Help!

My husband is the father of my child he was put on her birth certificate at birth and i know he is her father. I have an ex i was dating a mth prior to my conception now he is claiming he is her father which i highly doubt he hired an attorney who called me for a dna test said everything can be handled outside of court. Do i have to agree on this? What are my options here? If i don't agree can a judge court order me to do a dna if my husband is her father and is already in her birth certificate in Indiana.

11 hours ago, Sjohnson said:

My husband is the father of my child he was put on her birth certificate at birth and i know he is her father. I have an ex i was dating a mth prior to my conception now he is claiming he is her father which i highly doubt

If you know that your husband is the father, then why do you only "highly doubt" that this other man is the father?

It would be helpful if you gave us some background info:

1. When was the child born?

2. When did you and your husband marry?

3. What was the date (approximate) on which you and the ex last had intercourse?

Do i have to agree on this?

You don't have to agree to anything in the absence of a court order.

What are my options here?

At the moment, your options are to agree to or refuse a DNA test.  If you agree and are proven correct that your husband is your child's biological father, then that should put an end to all of this with the ex.  On the other hand, if you refuse, then your ex may institute a legal action.  Depending on the information I requested above, your options may be greater or different.

can a judge court order me to do a dna if my husband is her father and is already in her birth certificate in Indiana.

Yes, but a lot depends on how old the child is.