Sign in to follow this  
RonS

Motion to Alter or Amend a Judgment in Nevada

Where may I post questions about motions to alter or amend Nevada state court judgments? My civil rights case was dismissed. I filed a motion to alter/amend under NRCP 59(e). The court agreed that my case should not have been dismissed for the reasons it used. The court issued a new set of reasons to dismiss my case. May I once again file another 59(e) to address and argue against those new reasons? Will that continue to toll the time to appeal? If there is a more appropriate forum to bring these questions, please direct me to that forum if one exists.

53 minutes ago, RonS said:

Where may I post questions about motions to alter or amend Nevada state court judgments?

Here is as good a place as any.  Just FYI, as far as I know, no Nevada attorneys post here with any regularity.

54 minutes ago, RonS said:

May I once again file another 59(e) to address and argue against those new reasons?

Why do you want to alter or amend the judgment?  Altering or amending the judgment is going to result in the judgment remaining in place.

Let's start with a brief explanation of why the case was dismissed in the first place.  Did the defendant file and the court grant a motion to dismiss under NRCP 12?  A motion for summary judgment under NRCP 56?  Something else?  And why do you think any motion under NRCP 59 is a good idea?  If you're going to appeal anyway, why not get to it?