Sig1979

Lifetime Supervision for Level 1 Lowest, vs. Unconditional releases for Sexually Violent Predators High Likelihood to Reoffend

I am a level 1 (lowest level) and deemed least likely to re-offend, inter-familiar sex offender given a lifetime sentence with a release into lifetime community custody under DOC governed by the ISRB (indeterminate Sentence Review Board).  I have now been doing parole as others call it, now for 7.5 years.

There appears to be many misinformed, or just utterly unaware of what is happening in Washington State.

I refer you to this Washington State DOC ISRB website link. Scroll to the very bottom.
https://www.doc.wa.gov/corrections/isrb/faq.htm

Can Community Custody Board (CCB) offenders be released from lifetime supervision?
"...No, not at this time, there is no mechanism for those CCB offenders under lifetime supervision to be released from that obligation."

But HEY...its cool, what ever man! I refer you to within this same state, that they are and have been releasing Sexually Violent Predators Highly Likely to re-offend from the Civil Committment center on McNeal Island. I refer you to the following case of an SVP-High liklihood to reoffend - that is, the exact opposite of the spectrum to me and hundreds of others. Fully released into the community free from all DOC supervision and what happened?

Release Notification:
https://kbkw.com/registered-sex-offender-notification-curtis-pouncy-released-in-aberdeen/

Article showing his arrest for soliciting a minor for sex: (note the dates between them)
http://www.thedailyworld.com/news/registered-sex-offender-from-aberdeen-arrested-in-sexual-predator-sting/

And yet, prosecutors still somehow try and justify lifetime supervision for the lowest level deemed lowest likely to re-offend. If there are indeed lawyers on this site. Can someone please help here?

PS: Better yet, I am forced to have to pay $150 for a polygraph every time DOC deems a need to verify "compliance." Why the hell would DOC ever want to rid themselves of the perfect cash cow?

I think the question is, can anyone help try and find a way to be released from lifetime community supervision.

In Washington, an individual can be released from the duty to have to register by petitioning the court. A person can be pardoned from just about every crime, including murder. To date, there has not been a single individual pardoned who has been convicted of a sexual offense. So, essentially, anyone under board supervision has a lifetime of restrictions, looking over their shoulder, living in fear of being re-prisoned, just to name a few. A good majority of people who are supervised by the ISRB, are people with no previous offenses, and are very low risk to re-offend. And NOT because they are being supervised. In fact, the likelihood that they will return to jail/prison is increased because of how violations and suspected violations are handled. The laws are so very wrong, but no one is willing to advocate because of the grossly misinformed, widely accepted opinions regarding sexual offenses. 

On 9/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, Chaos said:

This is well said and exactly correct. I have NO previous offenses. As I stated, I am a level 1 lowest level and a deemed by DOC to be the lowest likely to reoffend. I have achieved the 2nd ever college degree in my family at the top of my class, have a steady income, own my own business which I have built with my own two hands (a 3,000 sg ft greenhouse and other things), and I have graduated Sex Offender Therapy, AND I own my own foundation-built-house.

And yet... Level 3 Sexually Violent Predators the DOC deems Highly Likely to re-offend who have NOTHING and have NOT even graduated therapy are being released utterly free into the community of supervision. 

I have written letters ALL to my representatives, news media, and even the ACLU. No one wants to touch this with a 10 foot pole. God forbid someone choose to do the right thing.

14 hours ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

Seeing as your FAQ quote specifically said there is no mechanism in place to do that I would think your only option would be to contact your state representatives.

And...SERIOUSLY??? You think one of these politicians are going to commit political suicide??? for sex-offenders? 

I have been working with a group called Washington Voices. It's in the early stages, but one of the goals is to get the laws in Washington state changed. I've also been doing extensive research of the laws, and may have found something, but I need to run it by an experienced attorney. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up if I'm not interpreting the language correctly. If you don't mind sharing, what was your original charge, conviction and sentencing? Did you take a plea, unaware of the fact that you were going to be on lifetime supervision with no mechanism for release? 

5 hours ago, Sig1979 said:

So, what is it that you think a message board is going to be able to do? We can't change the laws. You can't find legal representation by posting on a message board (if that's what you were hoping for), Just what suggestions do you think we can make that is going to change the law of your state?

8 hours ago, Sig1979 said:

No, I seriously don't.  But it is legislators are the folks that change laws in this country.

21 hours ago, cbg said:

I have no idea. I have been firing into the dark for years. If this is no different, then so be it. I will share my story which is the story of hundreds of others about the gross injustices occurring in WA. Of which the current Governor who is running for president is who personally saw fit to reinforce and pass these laws. All for a political stance to be "tough on crime." 

18 hours ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

I don't know jack about law. But what I was told was that this is a "3-fold" enforcement. Something like, "judicial, legislative, and administrative." As a result, is apparently very difficult to get things changed.

Administrative branches of government can only do what the legislative and to a lesser extend what the judicial branches allow other than those powers granted by the state, or federal constitution. 

If you want a law changed and there is nothing unconstitutional about the law you want changed the legislative branch is who has to do it.

This type of law was found unconstitutional in Massachusettes. Where does one find info on how to challenge the constitutionality of a law? I'm assuming the Supreme Court has jurisdiction over such case? 

On 9/26/2019 at 6:19 AM, PayrollHRGuy said:

What if it is unconstitutional?

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What if it is unconstitutional?

The only folks that can say it is unconstitutional is the court system and to my knowledge no court has ever ruled that this law is.  

But if you really think it is and have a large pile of money you don't mind burning through hire a lawyer. 

×
×