Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SPR

Neighbors’ AirBNB guests abusing our property

Recommended Posts

Good morning

 

Please can somebody help us?

 

The plot of land next to our house was bought in April, and is being used to accommodate up to twelve AirBNB guests at a time in an RV and a gazebo.
 

This has had a terribly detrimental effect on our property. We are contending with trespassers who do not respect the signs and physical boundaries that we have attempted to build.  They have dogs which run amok in our garden. We’re an elderly couple my wife is recently out of hospital, and we don’t feel able to venture out of doors. We don’t feel safe in our own home. There is noise at all hours. A Portacabin is posted right beside our property but not cleaned. The smell is sickening.

 

We have attempted to sell house for some time without success, and now because of all of this, and due to the condition of the neighboring property, the value of our house has sunk through the floor. We stand to lose tens of thousands. 

 

We are at our wits’ end what to do here, and would so appreciate some good advice on our options. The owner of the property is never there himself. 
 

Thank you so much for your time and your kind attention.. 

 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obvious first thing to do is to call the owner of the neighboring property (assuming you have a number) and discuss what's happening.  Failing that:

 

Contact the police.  Contact the local code enforcement authority.  File suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SPR said:

We are contending with trespassers who do not respect the signs and physical boundaries that we have attempted to build.

 

Install video cameras and call the police when you have evidence of trespassing.

 

14 hours ago, SPR said:

They have dogs which run amok in our garden.

 

Catch them on your property and call Animal Control.

 

14 hours ago, SPR said:

 We’re an elderly couple my wife is recently out of hospital, and we don’t feel able to venture out of doors. We don’t feel safe in our own home.

 

Buy a gun, learn how to use it. I'm "elderly" too and I have one.

 

14 hours ago, SPR said:

There is noise at all hours.

 

Check your noise ordinance and call the police if it's being violated.

 

14 hours ago, SPR said:

A Portacabin is posted right beside our property but not cleaned. The smell is sickening.

 

Call the health department.

 

14 hours ago, SPR said:

We have attempted to sell house for some time without success, and now because of all of this, and due to the condition of the neighboring property, the value of our house has sunk through the floor. We stand to lose tens of thousands. 

 

Consult an attorney about a private nuisance lawsuit.

 

You might also call your zoning and building departments to see if there is some violation of codes given the use of the property.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...