Sign in to follow this  
Acorn

Bank mistakenly took my money part 2

I’m really sorry I don’t know how to edit the previous post. I just was informed today that the bank teller made a statement to their manager that I did walk in on that day and received the money from my account. The bank closed the investigation there and didn’t look at any footage of that day nor did they review the withdrawal slip that clearly shows my name wasn’t correct. They essentially asked the bank teller and took her word for it, closing the case and denying my claim after waiting for almost two months. I got in contact with corporate after all this time and now they’re “investigating”. At this point I’m am the end of my rope with them and don’t know what to do. I know for a fact I’ve never been to that branch in my life. Is there any legal action I can take here or have I lost all my money as well as my good standing with my bank.

I have my case number and corporates number as well. 

Sure, you can sue the bank.  You can sue the person that withdrew the money from your account.  Hell, you can go to the police and simply report that a forged check had been made in your account.

I have no idea how long banks keep their video but the fact that you allowed this to go on this long certainly increases the chances that the video no longer is available.

So...you started a new thread to ask a question that was answered in the other thread....  🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Acorn said:

Is there any legal action I can take here

I told you in the other thread that:  "You're in small claims territory.  If you get to the point where you feel like you're being jerked around, file a small claims suit."

3 hours ago, pg1067 said:

So...you started a new thread to ask a question that was answered in the other thread....  🤦‍♂️

I told you in the other thread that:  "You're in small claims territory.  If you get to the point where you feel like you're being jerked around, file a small claims suit."

I was trying to update this in case this new information would have Changed the situation, no real need to rude other than to be petty but thanks anyways.