Sign in to follow this  
MKCofOC

Payment of trustee fees; dealing with difficult beneficiaries

This involves a small estate located in Mohave County, Arizona.  There are no probate proceedings due to the small size of the estate.

There has been a substantial amount of monies expended for the welfare of the estate. Trustee has paid these fees and costs out of her own pocket;  a beneficiary who resides at the estate refuses to give trustee any records or allow access to the real property.  How do I obtain the courts approval of trustees fees, costs and out of pocket expenditures and hissue an order to that effect so a lien against the real property can be recorded in order to protect trustees interest ?

under what authority is the Trustee expending funds?  If he/she was trustee  before the death, why doesn't she just sell the assets owned by the trust, pay her/himself, liquidate the trust and distribute it?

1 hour ago, MKCofOC said:

How do I obtain the courts approval of trustees fees, costs and out of pocket expenditures and hissue an order to that effect so a lien against the real property can be recorded in order to protect trustees interest ?

You hire a lawyer. You obviously don't have a clue as to how to handle this.

12 hours ago, MKCofOC said:

This involves a small estate. . . .  Trustee has paid these fees and costs out of her own pocket

Trustee of what?  Estates don't have trustees.  Is there a trust?

12 hours ago, MKCofOC said:

a beneficiary who resides at the estate refuses to give trustee any records or allow access to the real property.  How do I obtain the courts approval of trustees fees,

At the start of your post, you referred to "the trustee" in the third person.  Now you're using the first person.  I therefore assume you're "the trustee."  Correct?

Without any clarity regarding whether you're dealing with an estate or a trust (or both), it would be folly to try and answer your questions with anything other than, "hire a lawyer."