Sign in to follow this  
Dora

Grave Marker never placed

My father passed away almost 3 years ago and the grave marker has not been placed. It's an eco burial ground, so they didn't even mark the location of the grave site and long grass has been growing all over and it's hard to even know the exact location. It's been really distressing going to the grave and not having a marker there for him. I also paid to have a tree planted and they never planted the tree and it's been almost 3 years. When I asked to get refund for the tree, he got snippy with me and told me he placed it right away and that was 2 years ago. I have countless emails asking to have the marker placed with the owner telling me he will do it right away and then it never gets done. Finally they sent in the grave marker but then spelled his name wrong! He said he sent it in again and gave me the story that they spelled it wrong again. I am now being ignored after sending him more emails about updates of it getting placed. I don't even want to go to the grave site because of the emotional distress that it has caused not having a grave marker for my dad. Anyhow, wanting to get this marker placed and a refund for the tree or my money back. Do I have a case with this and how likely would it be to get my money refunded? Do I have a case for sewing for emotional distress? Normally am not even thinking about sewing, but I have an email trail that is super long with no results. I'm concerned that others are being taken advantage of while they are in the grieving process as well. It's been very emotionally upsetting to me. I live in Minnesota and it's the only Eco burial site in the twin cities area. What actions should I take? 

If you're the person who contracted with the cemetery and the cemetery hasn't performed as agreed, then your recourse is to sue.  Not having read your contract, there is no way for anyone here to opine intelligently about your likelihood of succeeding.