K0713

Parenting Plan when one is a teacher

We are in the midst of divorce and I am a teacher. We are working with a guardian on a parenting plan. Is anyone else out there have a parenting plan involving a teacher? What does it look like? We have shared custody in Ohio however, my ex is fighting for every weekend since I'm off during the week. I feel like I am being punished for being a teacher. 

I am sure there are many thousands of teachers who are being or have been divorced.  But none of them are parents of your children.

What typical visitation looks like, in my experience, is custody to one parent with visitation with the other parent as follows: evening visitation (not overnight)  every Wednesday night; Friday night to Sunday night  every other weekend; alternating holidays; and an uninterrupted period during the summer.

13 hours ago, K0713 said:

Is anyone else out there have a parenting plan involving a teacher?

The only possible answer to this question is yes.  If you're thinking that one or more persons fitting this description will happen upon your post and offer you some anecdotal info, that's unlikely because that's not the purpose of these boards.

Beyond that, your comment that you "feel like [you're] being punished" makes no sense at all.  Your spouse is free to "fight" for whatever he/she wants, and you're free to do likewise.  If, as happens in most cases, you enter into a settlement, then whatever results will happen because of your voluntary agreement.  Only if you don't settle and force the court to decide the issue will you have something thrust upon you and that you don't agree with.  However, even if that happens, no one will "punish[] [you] for being a teacher."