Sign in to follow this  
Tasha314

Tenant advice please BATS

Hi I live in Missouri and rent an apt for the 2nd time in 2 mo im having issues with bats in my apt first time animal control came couldnt find it,I left the windows open for 2 days and left after calling office 8 times they got back to me and said maintenance got it out the window.This time 2 bats maintenance came and confirmed they were there but didnt wanna get bit said theyd be in touch I paid somone $60 to help he got 1 out cldnt find the other cpl hrs later landlord finally sends pest control he looks cldnt find it and leaves.I just seen the bat again.Im terrified I have a 9mo olf grandbaby with me and the landlord is not fixing the problem.Does anyone know what I can or should do? Thank u

9 hours ago, Tasha314 said:

Does anyone know what I can or should do?

1 - Read the statutes. Know your rights and obligations. Know your remedies for adverse conditions. Follow statutory procedures to the letter.

https://law.justia.com/codes/missouri/2018/title-xxix/chapter-441/

2 - Put your complaints in writing. Keep a permanent copy. Take photos of any adverse conditions.

3 - Read the resources about trapping bats. You're going to have to be pro-active if you expect to get rid of them.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bat+trap&t=ffab&ia=web

Your landlord nor his agents can't be in your home 24/7 to watch for bats. Self preservation is nobody's business but your own.

In any future posts, please make a better effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation (throughout the whole post).  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand.

9 hours ago, Tasha314 said:

2 bats maintenance came

Huh?

To the extent I could follow your post, I agree with the prior response.