Ole

Is it a malpractice for an attorney to fail to file a RFO to adjust spousal support after I lost a job and became disabled?

My previous attorney never filed a RFO to adjust my spousal support after I became disabled and lost my job. Eventually I fired him and new attorney got my spousal support reduced to zero two years later but I had to pay past spousal support like I were working and getting 150K a year while in reality I was getting small social security disability payments. 
Did he commit a malpractice?

Edited by Ole
Misspelled

No way to tell based on the information you provided. You need to specify in what state this is taking place, what you mean by RFO, what the terms of your agreement were with your old attorney (in particular what the scope of the work to be done was — did you retain him to deal with the modification), what the old attorney knew of your situation, whether you were behind in payments to your lawyer, and when the order was entered that was prior to when you became disabled. I suggest you take the info you have to an attorney who litigates legal malpractice cases in your state to see if there is anything worthwhile to pursue.

It was in California. My attorney basically did nothing for two years to reduce my spousal support after I lost my income. He was perfectly aware of my disability. He was hired to handle my divorce which was not finalized till recently. I was not late on attorney payments. The original spousal support order was while I was working prior to my disability.