CrystyleD

Security Protical or Harassment

From May 24th to July 4th 6wks my daughter was a patient at our local Hospital. For 11/2 I went through VERY thorough security measures (even multiple room searches whether I was present or not) after she willingly informing them of her past drug history in hopes it would help then diagnose her more accurately. Even noting that she had been clean for 2mo.'s off one of the drugs she's used.  Info they would not have had otherwise. My husband and I were split up since we both were not allowed to stay overnight not even in the visitors lobby area. It was either one or the other. They then discharged her even though they never diagnosed and treated her leg pain and refused to do a final check on her heart and lungs (like we requested) to make sure the infection was gone. Aug. 22nd she had to be re-admitted when she could no longer endure the horrible leg pain & causing her to so using her leg at all. Once again I have been compliant with the extra security procedures that feels more like harassment. It's not enough that the very thorough security guards in the entry lobby isn't enough but I also have to get checked by the nurse when I arive at the nurses station before entering her room. I even had to stretch my bra out in the front of me to show nothing falls out along with my belongings once again gone through. I have to leave my cigarettes at the nurses station.  It takes about 45mins for me to actually enter her room. She was moved to a new room 2 days after admittance. Telling us that we would be more comfortable with a bigger room. It just so happens to have a camera in the room.  My daughter expressed how she has sexual PTSD from past assaults (one of which was by this very hospital but my daughter never reported it fearing she had no chance at all against a doctor). She expressed how she did not want to stay in this room (considering she could not remove the gown in time to urinate due to the pain and is often exposed not to mention she has to use a portable potty that sits next to her bed and the camera sits perfectly in front above her bed) . They assured (lied to) her that it was for situations like suicide watch (thinking she wad not affected since she was not on a suicide watch) or for other security purposes. We decided to test it one day and we covered the camera up and within 30 mins they were in the room wanting to know what happened to the camera. They had been watching us without our knowledge for over a week now. What can be done about this? I feel it in my gut this ENTIRE treatment due to her post drug history is ALL WRONG

She started having leg pain so severe she stopped using it and called the ambulance. She was diagnosed with MRSA and later turned to septic. Also endocarditis. The MRSA infected her heart valve and lungs.  She was on one antibiotic for 6 weeks instead of running more tests to make sure it was gone. They refused our request and for a final test. They discharged her without confirming that the infection was gone. Three weeks later she had to go back to the hospital due to her leg pain again and found out she has MRSA once again and her heart valve is still infected and it possibly has spread to another valve. They haven't even checked her lungs for infection since she had 13 clots in her lungs the first time

It is not at all uncommon for MRSA to reappear.

21 hours ago, CrystyleD said:

She started having leg pain so severe she stopped using it

What did she stop using?

I realize and understand that her post history with drugs is a reason to up the security which we have considered & complied with. But they have become power hungry and are now no different than a bully. Not to mention they have belittled us on numerous occasions, changed their policy several times, even outright LIED to gain the upper hand & enforce what they want, most importantly they have stripped us of our HUMAN rights... this feels wrong in every way & my gut screams at me to stand up for us but I don't know my rights.  They have to stop.  We will NOT be the last that they treat this way