nojedmonds

Lied to get me to come to car lot and won't give car nack

Took the car to the dealership to put GPS on it required by the lender and when I did they informed me that my down payment payment hadn't gone through until I took the car in to have the GPS done and then they called me when we were on our way back to the dealership to pick up the car and informed me that the last payment was not made it was insufficient and that they were going to hold on to the car until we paid for it but at the beginning they said and we made an agreement that there would be payments made on the down payment and that the full down payment was due by the end of September it's only the 1st of September and they will not give my car back

It wasn't the car payment it was a deferred down payment arrangement. I was told I had until the end of September to pay the dealership $1000 down payment. We set up $250 payments to be auto withdrawn every other Thursday. The last payment made I spoke to the finance manager on the phone he stated it went through and on fact it did not. They didn't notify me that the payment hasn't gone through until I went to the dealership today to get the GPS tracker installed and suddenly they sprung that on me saying that it had went through and they were keeping the car until it did. They did not call me the day that it didn't post or go through my account and tell me that it was not able to he was drawn they did not call me it has been three weeks since that payment was made and nobody has contacted me saying that it hadn't clear the bank or else I would have taken care of it ASAP

9 hours ago, nojedmonds said:

They did not call me the day that it didn't post or go through my account and tell me that it was not able to he was drawn they did not call me it has been three weeks since that payment was made and nobody has contacted me saying that it hadn't clear the bank or else I would have taken care of it ASAP

So take care of it now. Bring the payment to the dealer and get your car back. Why haven't you done that?

11 hours ago, nojedmonds said:

Took the car to the dealership to put GPS on it required by the lender and when I did they informed me that my down payment payment hadn't gone through until I took the car in to have the GPS done and then they called me when we were on our way back to the dealership to pick up the car and informed me that the last payment was not made it was insufficient and that they were going to hold on to the car until we paid for it but at the beginning they said and we made an agreement that there would be payments made on the down payment and that the full down payment was due by the end of September it's only the 1st of September and they will not give my car back

Maybe I missed it since you used no punctuation or capital letters here (other than "I" and "GPS," but it doesn't appear there's a question here.  Do you have a question?

1 hour ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

yeah the deferred down payment arrangement is in writing and as far as the finance company which is separate from the dealer as far as they I've been told the dealership told them that the down payment has been made when I purchased the car when I signed contract for the car

lockquote widget

I'm not behind on any car payments to the lender. it is a pair rangement between the dealer ship and I to pay the down payment of the car which the dealership told the lender I paid upfront so it is not in the formal contract that there's a down payment payment arrangement it's a separate handwritten schedule of paymons between me and the dealership. It has nothing to do with the lender