Sign in to follow this  
susanwilliams

Rescinding all ACC Requests

Posting for a friend.  Our HOA President got into an argument with a homeowner.  She didn't agree with her latest ACC submittal and when the owner was trying to work it out with her, she sent an email saying "I rescind all your ACC Requests".  She has submitted 8 of them over the last 2 years, 7 were signed/approved by the Board and they included a House, Barn, Shop, 4 car garage, fencing and livestock building.  Can an HOA President do this?

Another HOA sob story. We see them about once a week on these legal websites.

35 minutes ago, susanwilliams said:

Can an HOA President do this?

No, of course not. She can't rescind something that's already been approved and built.

However, considering how hostile the HOA president is, I'm gonna guess that your friend will have to sic a lawyer on her to get the current request resolved.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, susanwilliams said:

She didn't agree with her latest ACC submittal

Not sure it matters, but here's a bunch of things that "ACC" might stand for.  Care to share with us which one you intended?

On 8/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, susanwilliams said:

Can an HOA President do this?

If a person did do something, then it is axiomatic that he/she can do that thing.

Whether what you described is appropriate depends on the terms of your HOA's CC&Rs and by-laws.  However, I suspect "adjusterjack" is correct.