susanwilliams

Property Taxes

I live in a subdivision of 25 homes on 2 acre parcels.  Our lots are sub dividable based on the CCRs and the county supports 1 acre parcels in my area.  We are zoned Agriculture but will need to rezone to Rural Residential to go forward with the subdivide application.  I have 10 angry neighbors who are telling me all of our property taxes will increase if I proceed.  I don't believe this is true and would have thought the County would tell me this before they took my $1000 rezone application.  They didn't say anything about it.  Not sure if I am in the right part of the forum to ask this.  Let me know if it applies and if you have an answer.  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, susanwilliams said:

They didn't say anything about it

It was up to you to ask as part of your due diligence before proceeding with the application.

I'm pretty sure that your taxes will increase but I don't see how your neighbors' taxes will increase since there are no changes to their properties.

I think your neighbors are just angry NIMBYs.

(This is as good a place as any to post as we all read all the forums anyway.)

On 8/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, susanwilliams said:

I don't believe this is true and would have thought the County would tell me this before they took my $1000 rezone application.

Not any county employee's responsibility to tell you that or even consider it.

Let me know if it applies and if you have an answer.

An answer to what?

There's no way anyone here could possibly know whether re-zoning a piece of property in an unknown municipality in one of Idaho's 44 counties (each of which has different zoning laws) from "agriculture" to "rural residential" will or won't change your or anyone else's property taxes.  If this is something that concerns you, you need to consult with a local attorney.

×
×