Sign in to follow this  
HELP s.o.s 105

Catch 22

is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules or limitations. Catch-22s often result from rules, regulations, or procedures that an individual is subject to, but has no control over, because to fight the rule is to accept it. Another example is a situation in which someone is in need of something that can only be had by not being in need of it (e.g, a bank will never issue someone a loan if they need the money). One connotation of the term is that the creators of the "catch-22" situation have created arbitrary rules in order to justify and conceal their own abuse of power. Joseph Heller coined the term in his 1961 novel Catch-22, which describes absurd bureaucratic constraints on soldiers in World War II. The term is introduced by the character Doc Daneeka, an army psychiatrist who invokes "Catch-22" to explain why any pilot requesting mental evaluation for insanity—hoping to be found not sane enough to fly and thereby escape dangerous missions—demonstrates his own sanity in creating the request and thus cannot be declared insane. This phrase also means a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions. I need help in escaping this in a real life legal situation. for example someone has stollen my car, and has figure out a loop hole in the law. This loop hole allows them to keep my car stalk, and torture me. if i go crazy then i dont deserve the car, and on the other hand if i dont go crazy i dont need the car. Apart of the torture is that i have to wal the streets naked and prove my self and ive been doing so for 6 months. How do i escape this situation?

Everyone knows what a Catch-22 is.  Being crazy doesn't bar someone from owning a car. So I would suggest you find a mental health professional and clear up that part first. Once you do I'm sure the ownership issues of the car will be more clear to you.

What would possess you to write a lengthy paragraph explaining the concept of "catch-22"?

1 hour ago, HELP s.o.s 105 said:

I need help in escaping this in a real life legal situation. for example someone has stollen my car

Umm...is this a "real life legal situation" or is just an "example"?  Can't be both.

and has figure out a loop hole in the law. This loop hole allows them to keep my car stalk, and torture me.

What's a "car stalk"?  Also, there is no "loophole" in any law in any state that legalizes torture.

if i go crazy then i dont deserve the car, and on the other hand if i dont go crazy i dont need the car.

This makes zero sense.

Apart of the torture is that i have to wal the streets naked and prove my self and ive been doing so for 6 months. How do i escape this situation?

Huh?  If you walk the streets naked for more than a few minutes, you're going to be arrested, so I seriously doubt you've been doing it for six months.

Unless you can write something more coherent, I can only conclude that you need to seek treatment from a mental health professional.

3 hours ago, HELP s.o.s 105 said:

is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules or limitations. Catch-22s often result from rules, regulations, or procedures that an individual is subject to, but has no control over, because to fight the rule is to accept it. Another example is a situation in which someone is in need of something that can only be had by not being in need of it (e.g, a bank will never issue someone a loan if they need the money). One connotation of the term is that the creators of the "catch-22" situation have created arbitrary rules in order to justify and conceal their own abuse of power. Joseph Heller coined the term in his 1961 novel Catch-22, which describes absurd bureaucratic constraints on soldiers in World War II. The term is introduced by the character Doc Daneeka, an army psychiatrist who invokes "Catch-22" to explain why any pilot requesting mental evaluation for insanity—hoping to be found not sane enough to fly and thereby escape dangerous missions—demonstrates his own sanity in creating the request and thus cannot be declared insane. This phrase also means a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

Above is almost a direct quote from Wikipedia, though rearranged a bit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)

someone has stollen my car, and has figure out a loop hole in the law. This loop hole allows them to keep my car stalk, and torture me. if i go crazy then i dont deserve the car, and on the other hand if i dont go crazy i dont need the car.

That doesn't make any sense. How did that person get your car and why can't you get it back. Give us facts, not hyperbole.

1 hour ago, pg1067 said:

What's a "car stalk"? 

I think there was an "and" missing, as in:

keep my car and stalk and torture me