Sign in to follow this  
Rickgreenley

Interference from DCFS in reunification with children

I have been fighting the state of Illinois for custody of my 2 minor children for almost 4 years. I seperated from my ex wife almost 6 years ago and moved from Illinois to Washington. 2 years later i moved back to Illinois to fight for custody of my children after i found out via Facebook that the state had taken my children into custody. I've had a few minor set backs along the way, i.e a few dirty UA's, couple months in jail, drug case that got dismissed. All this occured over the course of the last 3  1/2 years. In the last 6 months i have returned to full time employment, have a stable living enviroment, completed everything that has been requested by DCFS, and clean UA's for the last 6 months. My case has changed hands from several case workers and counties, my case itself has been moved to differnt counties twice and i still dont seem ant closer to reunification with my children. My caseworker does not work with me but against me and i feel as if im running out of options and know that im running out of time. The mother is no longer in the picture. She doesnt show up for court dates or visitation and is on probation and on the run from that. Aside from all the positive things im doing and will continue to do, what are some motions i can file or work on to terminate DCFS involvement and block adoption of my children?

To the best of my knowledge, no lawyers from Illinois follow these boards regularly, so my suggestion is that you continue to put distance between your criminal/drug addict past and consult with a local attorney.