Asheben92

Divorce/child support

In the divorce agreement the judge court ordered my childs father to pay support but since hes unemployed what will happen? We live in Florida. Will the payments just keep adding up until he decides to get a job?

Yes.  If you seek collection through the state child support enforcement office, if he is collecting unemployment, they may be able to garnish a portion of that....they can also seize his tax refunds and suspend his driver's license to get his attention.

8 hours ago, Asheben92 said:

In the divorce agreement the judge court ordered my childs father to pay support but since hes unemployed what will happen?

Ummm...not really sure how you expect us to know the answer to this question any better than you do.

8 hours ago, Asheben92 said:

Will the payments just keep adding up until he decides to get a job?

If he doesn't pay, then yes (although getting a job is no guarantee that he'll pay voluntarily).

21 minutes ago, Asheben92 said:

Someone told me that the monthly amount goes on a prepaid card from the government and then hed make payments back to them. Yes I know that isn't true at all lol.

Anything like that would depend on the laws of your particular state, which you didn't identify.  That said, I don't know any state where the state will pay child support if the payor parent doesn't pay.  However, you can request assistance from the state or local child support enforcement authority and, if you request and receive public aid for your child, then the agency that provides that aid will seek to collect from the father.