Sign in to follow this  
Fallguy

Two fix it ticket

I received a ticket for expired registration a few days ago. The next day, I was given the same ticket. I was on my way to get enough money to pay my registration. 

A friend of mine said I should not have been cited again if I had time to fix it. Do I need to challenge one? 

Yes.  The second ticket will probably be dismissed.  However, you need to either attend the court hearing or contact the second officer and show him you promptly complied and he or she may agree to ask it be dismissed.  Depending on how long your plate was expired you may also get the first ticket dismissed on compliance if you go to court.

Yes.  The second ticket will probably be dismissed.  However, you need to either attend the court hearing or contact the second officer and show him you promptly complied and he or she may agree to ask it be dismissed.  Depending on how long your plate was expired you may also get the first ticket dismissed on compliance if you go to court.

12 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

I am now up to date on tags and insurance. How can I clear both before date? Will there be additional fees? 

If you really want to get this cleared up without going to court, it will be up to the officer.  He or she can inform the judge at the hearing that you are now in compliance which may result in the matter being dismissed or no-papered.  Contact the officers and ask them.

In making these suggestions,I am assuming your registration and insurance were only recently expired.  If your registration and insurance had been expired for years that would be a different story.

Last time I had a fix-it ticket, I went to a local CHP office and got it signed off.  I then took what I got from the CHP to the court, and that was that.  Obviously, you should read what your tickets and the courtesy notices you receive say about this.