Sign in to follow this  
Derek_Rainey

DUI PER SE

I was arrested at a bar in 2017, had given my car keys to someone I thought would be responsible and they ended up crashing my car and blaming it on me. Well thankfully to some eyewitnesses I was acquitted in criminal court. 2019 I find out the DMV had revoked my license. Now I did check on this through my local law enforcement. I surrendered my license and they gave it back and said everything is fine with it. Now the DMV is resetting the revocation period to start  this year because I challenged the validity of the initial arrest. I did hire a lawyer who in addition was horrible at communicating charged me 150 bucks for a letter I drafted and sent to request the DMV hearing before I ever hired him. He didn't submit evidence I brought with me to the DMV hearing and from everything I've been researching I'm pretty much screwed now on being able to correct the record. I don't have enough to take it to appeals and even if I did it seems like it would be frivolous with the way the law is written in Colorado. Which would lead to even more costs in court. Is there anything I can do any rules, statues, case laws from having a hearing almost a year after the revocation period was over and having to wait another year before I can get my license or some belief that law enforcement would happen to tell the truth every once in awhile?

Oh I finally got the discovery from requesting it for two years before my trial, its nothing as the officers described it to me, I wasn't involved with the accident so I had no clue but the reports are all over the place from hitting a parked car, hitting an occupied car, from statements the police made of why they had reasonable suspicion or probable cause changing greatly with every officer. It all comes down to an "ex" who told the police it was me, gave them my car keys, told them which bar to find me at, then police lies saying I admitted to it and it's even on the body worn cam the sole thing they said that linked me to the crime was given to me on their own cameras by the sole witness after I was in handcuffs!

If anyone has any advice other than to hire a lawyer which I've talked to it would be another 10 thousand I don't have to the lawyers opinion of it would have a very low rate of success. I'll take any advice I can get, but preparing to move on while resenting the police for the rest of my life.

20 hours ago, Derek_Rainey said:

I was arrested at a bar in 2017

For what?

I find out the DMV had revoked my license.

Because?

Now I did check on this through my local law enforcement. I surrendered my license and they gave it back and said everything is fine with it.

I'm not sure I follow this.  You wrote that the DMV revoked your license, so why would you "check on this through [your] local law enforcement" or surrender your license to local law enforcement?  Local law enforcement have nothing to do with a DMV revocation.

Now the DMV is resetting the revocation period to start  this year because I challenged the validity of the initial arrest.

I'm now about halfway through the first paragraph, and I can't understand the connection between your "arrest[] at a bar" and the revocation of your license.

Is there anything I can do any rules, statues, case laws from having a hearing almost a year after the revocation period was over and having to wait another year before I can get my license or some belief that law enforcement would happen to tell the truth every once in awhile?

Since you haven't described what happened or why with any clarity, it's going to be awfully difficult for anyone here to tell you anything useful.