john michel

supervised bond is it legal?

is it legal to conduct supervised bond with weekly drug test and tell someone where they can and can't go before trial and conviction? this is like probation before conviction and sentencing. bond in the past has only been toale sure you appear. this contradicts my right of innocent until proven guilty

In any future posts, please make an effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation.  Your original post has almost none of either, which makes it unnecessarily difficult to read and understand.

29 minutes ago, john michel said:

is it legal to conduct supervised bond with weekly drug test and tell someone where they can and can't go before trial and conviction?

Please explain what "conduct supervised bond" means.

Beyond that, there are virtually no laws that regulate what a person may tell another person.  Who is telling whom where he or she can and can't go?

31 minutes ago, john michel said:

this is like probation before conviction and sentencing.

I'm guessing what you described are conditions of bail imposed by either the court or by the bail bond agent who sold the bond.  Correct?

32 minutes ago, john michel said:

bond in the past has only been toale sure you appear.  this contradicts my right of innocent until proven guilty

The purpose of a bond -- from the court's perspective -- is to provide incentive for the defendant to appear for trial while on pretrial release.  It also provides revenue in the event the defendant skips bail.  Conditions imposed on bailed out defendants have existed for decades (probably as long as bail bonds have existed).  Among other things, some bail bond agents require the defendant to wear an ankle monitor and not to leave the county in which the case is pending.  The notion that any of this "contradicts [your so-called] right of innocent until proven guilty" is ridiculous.  The presumption of innocence is something that applies in one place and one place only:  in the courtroom during the trial.  The jury (and only the jury) must presume the defendant to be innocent until the prosecution proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  Everyone else is free to assume that the defendant is guilty as sin.

The condition of bond is to not enter establishments that sell alcohol or past 8 PM in one that sells food. 

Not possess any mind altering substances even if prescribed by physician. The state probation and parole board is where I am to report to. I have to submit to drug testing on a weekly basis for simple possession which the arresting officer pulled off the side of the road and threw out most of the evidence before taking me to jail. 

14 hours ago, john michel said:

The condition of bond is to not enter establishments that sell alcohol or past 8 PM in one that sells food. 

Not possess any mind altering substances even if prescribed by physician. The state probation and parole board is where I am to report to. I have to submit to drug testing on a weekly basis for simple possession which the arresting officer pulled off the side of the road and threw out most of the evidence before taking me to jail.

14 hours ago, john michel said:

I would wear the bracelet and I dont have to worry about a dirty ua. It's just the idea of a supervised bond and them telling me where I can and cant go after making bond.

Ok...and?  If you don't like the conditions of bail, you are free to surrender yourself and wait in jail for your trial.  Of course, the restrictions imposed on you in jail will be significantly greater than the conditions of the bail.  You could also appeal.