Yepsi

County keep losing my tax papers

From 2016 till 2017 I was a college student (full time and no job) so I was told I didn't have to pay my county/township taxes. Last year they sent me a letter saying that I didn't pay my taxes from 2016 to 2017 and that they needed proof that I was in college, it was sent out to them right away and I didn't hear back from them for almost 3 months. Since then in 2018 till today I have sent out the proof 5 times and they want it again or for me to pay it, again this is all still for that payment for 2016 - 2017 years so they are either losing it or trying to rob me. Is there anything I can do legally to help me here?

Edit: Statewide Tax Recovery is now sending me mail

15 hours ago, Yepsi said:

I was told I didn't have to pay my county/township taxes.

Told by whom?  Don't have to pay your taxes or don't owe any taxes?  In what state and locality do you live that you have to pay "county/township taxes"?  Are you talking about income tax?  If not, what sort of taxes are you talking about?

15 hours ago, Yepsi said:

Last year they sent me a letter

Who are "they"?

15 hours ago, Yepsi said:

Is there anything I can do legally to help me here?

Probably, but you'll have to better explain what you're talking about for anyone to be able to offer anything beyond the exceedingly practical suggestion mentioned in "adjusterjack's" response.

×
×