Sign in to follow this  
Help1!

Help1!

I need some help and advice.  I have had 4 DUI’s over a 21-year period. Last one was about 9 years ago or so.  My license and driving privileges have been revoked indefinitely apparently.  7-years ago I moved from NY to a southern state.  I have not had any challenges or legal troubles and would like to get a drivers license in my home state now, but cannot because it’s still suspended indefinitely in NY.  I have tried to re-apply in NY and have written letters with the forms and the money you send in to DMV, but have only received rejection notifications.  I do not want to get a NY Drivers license,  I just want one in my home state and feel I have served my time.  Is there anything I can do at all or is this hopeless?  Any help or advice is appreciated!

You should consult a New York attorney and discuss your situation.  DWI penalties vary depending on the time between charges and whether there are other serious offenses.  It is possible your driving privilege has been revoked permanently.  Four DwI's plus one other serious offense results in a permanent denial.  When you sent in your request, what was the response or reason for the rejections?