Sign in to follow this  
anonymous775

Due Care Ticket

I sped up to about 115mph on interstate in a 70mph zone (Tennessee). Right when I started slowing down, a cop came rushing up to my vehicle and hits his lights (I'm doing around 100mph at this time).

I'm not sure what exactly he clocked me at, he never told me, just asked if I knew why he pulled me over.

The officer decides to write me a ticket for Tennessee Code 55-8-136 – Drivers to exercise due care and tells me that he's not going to give me a reckless driving ticket.

My ticket only has the due care listed, no "clocked" speed limits or any other listed numbers whatsoever on my ticket.

I'm due for court in a few months and just wanted some advice on what to expect.

I do possess a CDL and I currently have 0 violations on my motor vehicle record.

2 hours ago, anonymous775 said:

I'm due for court in a few months and just wanted some advice on what to expect.

Expect a conviction.

I do possess a CDL and I currently have 0 violations on my motor vehicle record.

That's about to change.

My ticket only has the due care listed, no "clocked" speed limits or any other listed numbers whatsoever on my ticket.

The ticket is just a notice. He'll testify as to what you were doing.