Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaPtr

Do I have a good case to plead in court or should I just pay for the defensive driving course

Hi, I live in Tucson, AZ and I was pulled over today in Casa Grande on my way home from Phoenix when I received a laser radar ticket..this is my first speeding ticket ive ever had in my life and I haven't been in an accident in a decade...What honestly happened today is I all of a sudden started to fall asleep and could barely keep my eyes open....I did not feel safe to pull over and sleep on the side of the freeway so I sped up to get to the next exit ...This is honestly the truth...Is this a valid case in court...I have the option of paying to take the defensive driving course but I feel like my case is a valid case to plead in court 

4 hours ago, JoshuaPtr said:

Is this a valid case in court

You're joking, right?

Your proposed defense to a speeding ticket is that you were tired?

No one with even an ounce of common sense would think that could be a viable defense.

4 hours ago, JoshuaPtr said:

I have the option of paying to take the defensive driving course but I feel like my case is a valid case to plead in court 

It isn't. You'll talk yourself right into a conviction.

Take the course.