Sign in to follow this  
Eugene

Bond conditions. 10th cir.

I am indigent.  In a felony case, Judge approved application for public defender.  Then when friend posted 2500 bond she took away the PD and said if I dont hire lawyer bu next hearing she will put me back in jail.  Also,  I live in Okla and judge is making me stay in wyoming for no stated reason.  Neither one of these restrictions seem to meet constitutional muster.  Help.  Please advise.

A quick survey of Wyoming bond conditions indicates a typical bond condition in Laramie County, for example, is:  "THE DEFENDANT shall not leave Laramie County, Wyoming without prior approval of this Court and shall maintain contact with his attorney."  See, https://www.laramiecounty.com/_officials/DistrictCourtClerk/posting_a_bond.aspx 

However, I had one case where the judge agreed to stay the case on condition the defendant "get the he-- out of our city and never return."  He came back and got a year in jail for stealing a six pack of beer from a 7-11.