Sign in to follow this  
Ken E Willis

Evition

Evition 30 day notice. No cause..  Landlord warn me not to befriend a formerly tenant ... I. Did she.is homeless.....giving her water etc... 10 years  always paid rent on time....only 6 units....homeless person started to hang out!!! I did tell person not to hang out....she has mental issues.....she dont listen.... I try not to answer door....but. I do!   She knocks on another door. To get cigarette s and coke......i. Was served evition notice.....i

I am a senior, in wheelchair, collect disability!!! Im really in bad shape....im trying to move But its is .....no car ,no drivers license ...Nevada

An eviction usually dosent carry a 30 day notice and always requires a court order.  Sounds like your lanldord is just ending your tenancy.  I suggest you call your local senior services department to see if any help is available for you.

You have to look at the landlords point of view. He does not want the other tentants bothered, They also pay rent.I know you where being really nice but the landlord has rules you have to follow. I would write him a letter and say it will not happen again

You have lived there 10 years. So you are very likely now a month-to-month tenant. If you are a month-to-month tenant then it appears that the landlord may terminate your tenancy with a 30 day notice for pretty much any reason (other than illegal discrimination). If you are at least age 60 or if you have a disability you are allowed an additional 30 days to move out in most cases but you need to submit a request for that extension to the landlord in writing. If the landlord won't give you the additional 30 days you can go to court and ask the court for the extra time. You still have to pay the rent for that extra 30 days. See Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) section 40.251.

But once the 30 or 60 days is over, you become a hold-over tenant if you continue to stay there and the landlord may then start the eviction process in court. You'd get served with a copy of the summons and complaint and have the chance to contest the landlord's eviction. If nothing else that would get you a little more time. Eventually though the landlord will get the order for eviction and once that happens the sheriff might have you put out at any time.

So the bottom line is that you'll have some time to get out, 30 or 60 days plus the time needed for the landlord to go to court to get the eviction. But you don't want to procrastinate in moving. It's best to get out before the matter goes to court if possible. There might be some local organizations that help the disabled or elderly that could assist you with the moving process.