GoBigOrGoHome

North Carolina county jail visits

The county I live in has always had the behind the glad visit an now they have went to the homewayz video system an they say no personal person visit no more has to be video chat an way I see it after setting up an account you have to pay for the video visit . Well isn't that against human rights for an inmate an all? Why should one have to pay 12 bucks for a 20 min call an you have to have all the technical equipment as well as in tablet ,smartphone , an wifi. What happens if one does not have WiFi much less the device to use it I have a grandparent alive that does not even know how to even turn on a cell phone much less wifi . So is their any state of federal or human rights law being broken here in NC?

53 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

So is their any state of federal or human rights law being broken here in NC?

No.

Criminals are in jail for punishment not for the convenience of them or their friends and relatives.

45 minutes ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

Homewav is the leader in providing reliable revenue to detention facilities 

Absolutely.  The jail gets a cut of every payment made for off-site video visits.  That's why a lot of jails are going this route and why they only have a couple of monitors available for those who don't want to go the personal wi-fi route.  It makes it inconvenient to have to go down to the sheriff station and wait your turn.....