D Tomlin

Mr. D. Tomlin

I had POA for my mother until her passing. She had stocks and wanted to leave them to her children and child of late husband;  there is one person listed in will not on this list. I was in process of getting them transferred and had a list of those getting stocks stating " I want to leave these to the following," had discussed with bank about what to do and had gotten necessary forms.She had me sign form and initial. Is this considered holistic? Is my signature for her legit, it was done before her passing?

You did not identify the state so any suggestions are necessarily speculative.  However, generally a holistical must be entirely in the handwriting of the decedent and signed by the decedent.   What happened when you qualified to be the executor or administrator of the estate?

You mother's power of attorney expired when she died and is no longer relevant.

VA, have not qualified yet. My point being, I could sign and do all kind of legal things as POA and she was alive when it was done. I realize that POA  ceased when she passed. I could have transferred all them all before she passed...

13 hours ago, D Tomlin said:

there is one person listed in will not on this list

If there is a will, it governs.  The bank won't let you transfer until you qualify as executor.  Then you need to pay her bills before you do any transferring.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, D Tomlin said:

my mother . . . had stocks and wanted to leave them to her children and child of late husband

Were these stocks held in a brokerage account?  If so, did the account designate a pay-on-death beneficiary?

On 6/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, D Tomlin said:

had discussed with bank about what to do

Why would you discuss this sort of thing with someone at a bank?

On 6/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, D Tomlin said:

Is this considered holistic?

Ummm....huh?

On 6/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, D Tomlin said:

Is my signature for her legit, it was done before her passing?

What was done "before her passing"?  Your signature on what?  Since you apparently have not been appointed by a probate court as executor/administrator/personal representative of the estate, you have no authority to do anything with your mother's assets.

×
×