I have sent a email to my local city manager to complain about a neighbors uncut grass , which was well above city limits , they forwarded my email to neighbor who then contacted me thru email address. Do government agencies have the right to forward private messages and email to private citizens without their consent ?

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I have sent a email to my local city manager to complain about a neighbors uncut grass , which was well above city limits

Your locality has a law that purports to limit the length of grass?  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Do government agencies have the right to forward private messages and email to private citizens without their consent ?

The premise of this question is faulty.  Your email was not a "private message."  Anything you send to a public official in his/her official capacity is absolutely not a "private" communication.

11 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Your locality has a law that purports to limit the length of grass?  Yikes.

That's not as unusual as you might think. I've seen several localities with rules for grass, but they tend to be the sort that prohibit grass so long (think a foot or more in height) that the grass can harbor vermin and other pests.