Sign in to follow this  
tabnotbrat

THERE ARE LARGE HOLES IN FLOOR AND ROOF LEAKS THROUJGHOUT HOM

My landlord refuses to do any repairs ever. There are large  holes in kitchen and dining room flooring. The roof leaks in several spots throughout house. The patio door leaks and so do the windows. What recourse do I have. Can I withhold rent to force repairs. 

why would you move into a place like that?  If you report the problems to code inforcement, it is possible they will condemn the place and you will be out in the street.  

Your first step is to give the landlord written notice of the need for repair.  Keep a copy of the written notice.  If the repairs are not made you can either move out or repair and deduct the cost of the repair from the rent.  However, in Oregon you may not deduct more than $300 for the repair.  It doesn't sound as if you have less than $300 in repair costs ahead of you.  

See if there is a landlord-tenant office in your locality for further assistance.

"[W]ithhold[ing] rent to force repairs" makes no sense.  Even where it is permissible to withhold rent, the purpose of doing so is for the tenant to take the money and have the repairs done him/herself.  In other words, you'd need to pay to repair the issues you identified and then deduct the amounts you paid from the rent.

In any event, the far better solution almost certainly is for you to give notice and move.

From your other thread:

"I have lived in home for 10 yrs. It has a separate garage. this winter the roof of the garage caved in and it is useless now. I have had to move all the boxes I stored in there into my dining room. I also, can no longer keep my motorcycle in there and have to pay to store it. Can I get back a portion of the rent I have paid  for the loss of the garage and dining room. IT is not in the same CONDITION THAT I AGREED TO PAY 700.00 FOR"

Unlikely.  Why didn't you move out immediately after this happened and the landlord didn't make the repairs?