Sign in to follow this  
hardworkwillwin

+How do I get this stuff off of Google?

I was arrested, tried, convicted then exonerated for a non crime. I sold an annuity to a woman and she made $42,000.00 in three years then the state came after me three years later because they claimed the client had dementia at the time of the initial application. My case was unprecedented. The 1st DCA said the court forgot the intent part in the jury instruction and said that larceny is a specific intent crime that requires a taking. The court said the annuity only benefited the client herself and that no artifice or anything benefited me the agent other than the commission.

Google wont take all this information down and I'm still in the insurance business after losing my licence because of this for two years and I've lost everything including my family, and if I have any hope of recovery this garbage about frivolous case needs to be taken off Google. Anyone know how?

img049.jpg

I'm not sure what "this stuff" and "this information" refer to, but Google is but a search engine that searches and provides links to various web sites, and there's nothing illegal or improper about posting truthful information about what happened to you.  That your conviction was reversed does not mean everything that led up to it magically disappears.  Your case resulted in a published opinion of the California Court of Appeal.  That's forever.

2 hours ago, pg1067 said:

I'm not sure what "this stuff" and "this information" refer to, but Google is but a search engine that searches and provides links to various web sites, and there's nothing illegal or improper about posting truthful information about what happened to you.  That your conviction was reversed does not mean everything that led up to it magically disappears.  Your case resulted in a published opinion of the California Court of Appeal.  That's forever.

It's defaming daily. Yes it happened but never should have. Google has been asked to take it down and they haven't. I can't make a living in the business I've been in for 30 years. Google owners billionaires and they use my information. They should be held accountable and do what we want. Not what they want. Glenn Neasham about $1000.00 what's fair or right about this? They are defaming me. Yes they didn't write it but because I was exonerated meaning it never happened they should do what there asked to do. Who are they God. No a search engine and I don't want to be searched. ACCOUNTABILITY.....

1 minute ago, hardworkwillwin said:

It's defaming daily.

Truth cannot be defamatory and, as I wrote previously, the fact that the conviction was reversed doesn't mean that everything leading up to that didn't happen.  You were accused of whatever it was, and you were convicted.  Your conviction was then reversed.  All that's true.

2 minutes ago, hardworkwillwin said:

Yes it happened but never should have.

Lots of things "never should have" happened, but that doesn't mean the world should pretend they didn't happen.

3 minutes ago, hardworkwillwin said:

They should be held accountable and do what we want.

Who are "they" and "we"?  A company that operates an internet search engine should not be prohibited from returning search results that contain factually accurate information.

4 minutes ago, hardworkwillwin said:

They are defaming me.

No one is defaming you.

5 minutes ago, hardworkwillwin said:

Yes they didn't write it but because I was exonerated meaning it never happened they should do what there asked to do.

You're entitled to that opinion, but you're very much in the minority and, as long as the First Amendment exists, what you want isn't going to happen.  Also, the reversal of your conviction does not mean you were "exonerated."  The reversal of your conviction simply negates the original guilty verdict.  It doesn't mean you didn't actually do the crime.

9 hours ago, hardworkwillwin said:

Google wont take all this information down and I'm still in the insurance business after losing my licence because of this for two years and I've lost everything including my family, and if I have any hope of recovery this garbage about frivolous case needs to be taken off Google. Anyone know how

Google search engine does not publish anything. It instead returns links to sites with the search terms that the user enters.  When I put your name into Google search I come with with two basic types of results: links to news articles about your case (like the article in Insurance News magazine) and links to your own sites and social media pages. Those news articles are not defamatory to the extent they are accurately reporting the facts of what happened. Defamation requires that those stories communicate a FALSE statement of FACT about you to another. If the statements are true, they are not defamatory. If the statements are opinions and not facts they are not defamatory. So even though some people might view you in a negative light as a result of these stories that's not enough to make a case for defamation. The fact that you were ultimately exonerated of the offense ought to be enough for most people to understand that you did not commit any offense and not hold it against you. But in any event, you can't just sweep away the facts of what happened.

You can ask the sites that posted the news articles if they will take them down. But they are not obligated by law to do that for you unless you can prove that some statement in the articles are defamatory, in which case they can be made to remove the parts of the article that are proven defamatory. And Google has no legal responsibility to remove the links to those sites in searches either.