11 hours ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

In North Carolina, what is alimony pursuant to N.C.G.S.§50- 16.3A, etseq.

It refers to the state statutes that set out the rules for alimony.  Those statutes actually start with § 50-16.1A, which has the definitions, but § 50-16.3A starts with the actual rules for alimony.  The phrase "et seq" simply refers to the statutes on alimony that follow § 50-16.1A, which run through § 50-17. In short, what you'd look at to see the alimony rules are §§ 50-16.1A through 50-17.

what does this mean

2018 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 50 - Divorce and Alimony
Article 1 - Divorce, Alimony, and Child Support, Generally.
§ 50-16.3A - Alimony.

Universal Citation: NC Gen Stat § 50-16.3A (2018)

10. The relative assets and liabilities of the spouses and the relative debt service requirements of the spouses, including legal obligations of support;

our agreement states that I was to receive a 6 month notice prior to his leaving. He not only dismissed this, he waited until my rights were dismissed to inform me he was leaving? Isn't this the equivalent of a crime in some way? He took away my rights. when i read through the General Statues of divorce and alimony, I do not have apostivie response to any of the stipulations based on his leaving now

10 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

our agreement

What agreement?

10 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

states

Are you quoting word for word or just paraphrasing?

11 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

that I was to receive a 6 month notice prior to his leaving

Leaving what?

He not only dismissed

Dismissed?

this

What is "this"?

12 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

he waited until my rights were dismissed to inform me he was leaving?

What rights and how were they "dismissed"?

12 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

Isn't this the equivalent of a crime in some way?

Breaching an agreement (whatever that agreement may be) is not likely to be a "crime" subject to prosecution, fines, or jail, but it could be a tort (civil wrong) for which there may be a remedy.

14 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

He took away my rights. when i read through the General Statues of divorce and alimony, I do not have apostivie response to any of the stipulations based on his leaving now

Well, you are going to have to come up with a much better explanation of what happened to you because your post is incomprehensible.

What agreement? Our signed and notarized Separation agreement (divorce)

On 6/26/2019 at 10:16 PM, adjusterjack said:

paraphrasing

Yes paraphrasing

what

leaving his job - thus necessitating my alimony would end

He not only dismissed

he just ignored his agreement to give me a 6 month notice

he waited until my rights were dismissed to inform me he was leaving?

I was served with divorce papers. My attorney had me file a counter claims for Equitable distribution and alimony. These claims were filed as satisfied after my agreement was signed and filed with the court, and my rights for equitable distribution were no longer protected

Breaching an agreement (whatever that agreement may be) is not likely to be a "crime" subject to prosecution, fines, or jail, but it could be a tort (civil wrong) for which there may be a remedy.

Please tell me more about the "tort" I appreciate your help. thank you

Since you seem determined to start a new thread every day about the same issue you are wasting everyone's time.   People should not have to refer to prior postings in different threads to recall previous responses.  

I'm sorry. I have ADHD and I feel that I'm not getting a specific part of my question answered and so I ask that one particular question and the surrounding details are the same. suggestions appreciated. Thank you. I don't mean to do that. it is a blind spot

\

I'm still not getting it and suggest you get back in touch with your lawyer as you may still have an enforceable agreement for alimony even if he quits his job. And you certainly may be able to enforce the lack of notice as part of the original court case.