Wilby64

petition/motion to terminate parental rights

my daughter and I live in Ohio. M daughter has,  4 children. 3 girls and 1 boy. My daughters mother (here after, grandmother) lives in Texas.  My daughter allowed the grandmothers husband to come to Ohio to get the boy, who is 4 yrs old, and they all agreed for two weeks. this was in Nov. of 2018.my daughter had made calls and messaged up until the grandmother told her to quit harassing them and even went so far as told her to specifically quit calling and messaging. this was in early May,  May 11,2019 to be precise. we were in texas at that time just so my daughter could pick her son up as that was what the grandmother told her before they quit communicating. Now my daughter is being served with motion to terminate parental rights  and another with it so they can adopt him. Does anyone know where venue/ jurisdiction would be since the mother and son have lived in ohio for most of the boys life. their grounds are for being unfit and abandonment, neither of which can be proven but all of the witnesses for my daughter live in Ohio and what courses of action can I do as the grandfather? As for my Daughter, I am thinking of either a dismissal or a change of jurisdiction/venue since the grandmothers husband came to Ohio to get him with the full intentions of not returning him. Any advice or opinions/comments would be greatly appreciated

I think you have posted about this issue three times now.  The answers will probably be the same.  If the grandmother filed to terminate your daughter's parental rights in Texas it is pretty obvious she needs to hire a Texas attorney to help her.  The attorney can deal with the venue problem.  You can help by helping your daughter pay the attorney's fees.

×
×