MAIN ISSUE - I WAS SLAPPED WITH RESTRAINING ORDER AND THEN PUT ON 72-HR INVOLUNTARY HOLD (which turned into 6 days due to "lucky" or planned timing). Even though I am the one that was assaulted in my own home in May and have been abused for years. I NEED LEGAL HELP RESPONDING TO THE RESTRAINING ORDER BEFORE HEARING ON JUNE 27!!!!!

-------------

I graduated magna cum laude from Ivy League university, then Ph.D. in engineering, and worked for 20+ years as environmental consultant for clients such as NASA.

Five years ago I became disabled and lost my job. This has created financial hardship for my family. Spouse very stressed, and began to be physically abusive to me. Won't go into details on obtaining SSI, but still in the process. I do have only quantitative test that proves I have CFS/ME. And have diagnosis from family doctor, rheumatologist, and from physician from Workwell Foundation.

Had to go through bankruptcy, but were able to keep our home. Younger son lives at home while going to college. He just graduated from SDSU. Older son is from my spouse's previous (2nd) marriage. He is 27 and still lives at home - BUT DOES NOT PAY RENT! He flunked out of community college. Then joined Army Reserves. After which things seemed to be looking up for him, BUT then commited and was convicted of, FELONY ASSAULT! More financial burden for us, paying for his lawyer, etc. Not sure if he has paidoff all fines and fees, but I think so because he recently quit Army Reserves. He works as a waiter.

Over years I have been told if I really loved family I would kill myself. Been repeated threatened spouce would stop paying for my medication. Fortunately, now get it for free.

But anything else I want or need told that until I start bringing in income, then there is ZERO in household budget for me. I have been expected to cook, clean, do yard work, etc. - which I have been happy to do. Just frustrating that there has never been any thanks. Only criticism and escalating emotional, mental, financial, and physical abuse.  I have called police in extreme cases, for example, to try to keep spouse from destroying laptop a friend lent me (sady, only delayed that from happening for 2 years). I have called APS twice and fully described situation with very little help.

About 2 years ago was attacked and I hid in the guest bedroom (where I have been forced to sleep) while spouse screamed over and over again I should kill myself, so I tried. But not after calling several people for help. Did not reach anyone, but left messages. Finally gave in and tried to kill myself with knife. Luckily (?), pastor called police and I was sent to Paradise Valley Hospital. I then did out patient treatment at Bay View until insurance company rules requiring me to go more days than i was able to given my CFS/ME forced me to stop. BUT MY POINT IS, I told everyone there what was going on.

PHYSICAL ABUSE HAS - UNTIL RECENTLY - BEEN BEARABLE. AND I FAR AS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DETERMINE - IT IS EITHER REMAIN AND ENDURE ABUSE OR BECOME A HOMELESS PERSON.

RECENT - Older son, who I adopted before he was ten, was in his room with is girlfriend. Spouse, younger son, and I were having an argument. BUT NO PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND NO THREATS OF ANY PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.  Suddenly, 6'5" , 250 lb, 27 year old, felon (convicted of felony assault in similar circumstance s) blind sides me. Grabs my by throat, lifts me up, and slams me against outside wall of house. Says something like "Did you think my girlfriend likes to hear this ****?" I try to fight back, but I end up being slammed against the ground - resulting in bloodied knees. I go to guest bedroom and barricade myself. Take photo of self with blody knees and post on Facebook . I contact acquaintance, who is on way back from LA. I believe he is one who calls police. Etc.

Then weeks later I am the one forced out of my own home.

Edited by Disabled Abused Spouse
minor edits after proofreading

44 minutes ago, Disabled Abused Spouse said:

I NEED LEGAL HELP RESPONDING TO THE RESTRAINING ORDER BEFORE HEARING ON JUNE 27

No one on an internet message board can help you.  You need to retain the services of a local attorney.