MommyZen

Lying Parent and Lying Withnesses

I am in a very toxic custody case involving special needs children. The other parent is making up malicious lies non stop and I am unable to keep up. He takes actual events and completely manipulates them to his version of reality. Worst of all he has our children's daycare providers also lie maliciously under oath. I no longer feel safe and worried I may not be able to defend myself. My attorney knows the truth and is asking me to stay calm. But I am so worried. What can I do in these circumstances? I no longer have the strength to fight and I am scared to give up the custody of my children just because I dont want to fight him because it is unfair to my children to be without a mother that they love so much. I hope our emergency evaluator can cut through the lies. How can I show them other than just stating the truth? 

You have a lawyer, and your lawyer knows your situation much better than anyone here does. All you can do in court is present your evidence of what actually happened, present whatever you have that contradicts his version of things, and have the lawyer use cross-examination to poke whatever holes he or she can in the testimony of the witnesses. 

11 hours ago, MommyZen said:

What can I do in these circumstances?

I'm sure you can do lots of things.  Since you only described "these circumstances" in the most vague of terms, I'm not sure what you think anonymous strangers on the internet can do for you.

Seems like you have more need for emotional support than answers to legal questions (especially since you have a lawyer).

×
×