Jayna

Restaurant withholding tips from employees

I work at a family owned ice cream shop. Only the owners or manager rings up the customers. All the other employees serve the customers. There is a tip jar on the counter but there is also an option on the iPad when paying to hit either a 10%, 15 or 20 tip. We have never received 1 cent of any of the tips. To my knowledge, this is illegal. Can someone please guide me on what I should do to keep this company from stealing from me or anybody else who continues to work here? 

2 hours ago, Jayna said:

Your employer is likely breaking the law.  https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

×
×