Jliz

Water pipe broke House damaged

My sister in law's house had her roof collapsed due to a broken water pipe in the street in front of her house. The water company put the whole family in a hotel because the house is completely damaged.This was all over the news yesterday in Montgomery County. I know the insurance will pay for the house repairs but I was wondering if they can sue the water company for all the stress the family is going through. What type of lawyer would take a case like this.

1 hour ago, Jliz said:

I was wondering if they can sue the water company for all the stress the family is going through.

They can sue because anybody can sue anybody for anything. They just aren't going to win.

1 hour ago, Jliz said:

What type of lawyer would take a case like this.

An ambulance chaser from the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

3 hours ago, Jliz said:

2 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

2 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

I believe they have a case , look at the images before and after the water hit the house.

IMG_2431.PNG

IMG_2429.PNG

2 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

If there was negligence on the part of the water company your insurance company will seek reimbursement.

Your sister-in-law's stress, however, is not compensable.

Thanks for the information.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, Jliz said:

My sister in law's house had her roof collapsed due to a broken water pipe in the street in front of her house.

How could a broken water pipe in the street cause her roof to collapse?

On 6/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, Jliz said:

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but there's no valid claim here for "stress."

On 6/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, Jliz said:

A really bad one who doesn't understand tort law very well and who is desperate for clients.

What is the purpose of the pictures?

2 hours ago, pg1067 said:

What is the purpose of the pictures?

The purpose is for everyone to understand who a pipe on the street would make a roof collapse, like the other member that asked.

Neither the pictures nor the article explained it (and I didn't feel like waiting for the ridiculously long prescription drug ad that played before the video), but whatever....

5 hours ago, pg1067 said:

I didn't see any ad because I have a very good ad blocker on my computer.  The video showed a high pressure geyser of water slamming the upper parts and roofs of two adjacent row houses.

×
×