Sign in to follow this  
Tiphanie

Wrong place scythe wrong time! ( warrants & Seized Property)

So I was at a friend's how's checking up on him and all of a sudden he gets a knock at the door it was the police they had showed the warrant and persuade there duties an detained me an my friend well at that time I had my cell phone in my hand they yelled at me  told me to put  cell phone down on the table an they detained me in the police cruiser well long run short they returned my purse to me an halfway home I noticed my money   iPhone  an illegal substance was  not in my purse obviously I know the illegal stuff was not g  be returned but why wld my money an iPhone b in there possession still when I had nothing to do with  the warrant or why that warrant was issued  but anyways I went  back to the property an asked  the officer about my stuff  an responded with your going to have to call  lead investigator in regards to your possessions bc they have been seized an documented on the inventory sheet already  I was pissed an replied ummmm way do my belongings an money have to do with my friend   an his property those are  my things an who the **** has a home phone anymore I sure don't so how do u escapect me to call when u all seized my cell phone  an u took my money so I can't  even go by a prepaid he responded I'm sorry but u were just at the wrong place at the wrong time!!!! So question is  did they illegally seize my belongings or do they have a right to seize anything within that property they have a legal warrant to search  even me  the innocent visitor?

The warrant authorized the officers to search the premises and seize any illegal substances and evidence on the premises.  It is not necessary for the warrant to identify the person's on the premises.  Having found illegal substances in your purse, it was appropriate to seize your phone, since it could be used to identify your dealer or, possibly, your customers.  Your money was, arguably, the proceeds of drug dealing and was also subject to seizure, pending further court proceedings.  Nothing that happened to you was illegal.

11 hours ago, Tiphanie said:

do they have a right to seize anything within that property they have a legal warrant to search  even me  the innocent visitor?

There was nothing innocent about you. You're a druggie and you were in possession of illegal drugs.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:30 AM, adjusterjack said:

There was nothing innocent about you. 

I bet you say that to everyone who is accused but at least you believe a 'druggie' as you put it is is a credible person.  

On 6/1/2019 at 9:30 AM, adjusterjack said:

You're a druggie and you were in possession of illegal drugs.

I guess that summarizes your position on the issue of presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.   

So if you don't believe a 'druggie' is a credible person, then what basis do you claim she is a druggie and was in possession of illegal drugs except for what she states in her post?  Just asking since I always found it to be incredible to  claim another person is not credible yet affirm those things they said to be credible  when it affirms what they believe.  

Kinda like what one learns in sunday school,  Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

VeraCaUSA, do you have a druggie in your family who has been incarcerated several times and broke up a marriage?

I do.

Tiphanie admitted that she had an illegal substance in her purse that was no longer there when she got her purse back.

So I know good and well that my two statements are accurate.