Sign in to follow this  
damagedbike

Damaged Bike

Can I recover damages from this company?

Purchased a new very expensive bike from an authorized dealer? Received the bike with a defective part. Took it to an authorized dealer for repair. The bikes carbon frame was damaged during repair and haven't been able to recover damages for repair. The shop owner emailed me the following reply. 

Our Service liability cap, not withstanding anything in contained in a client-specific Service Agreement, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, the maximum liability arising out of conjunction with a Service Agreement, shall not exceed the greater of the aggregate amount paid or payable by the Service Recipient (you) to Service Provider (shop) for all Services contained within the Service Schedule. 

Can I still recover damages?

1 hour ago, damagedbike said:

Purchased a new very expensive bike from an authorized dealer?

Are you asking us?

1 hour ago, damagedbike said:

Our Service liability cap, not withstanding anything in contained in a client-specific Service Agreement, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, the maximum liability arising out of conjunction with a Service Agreement, shall not exceed the greater of the aggregate amount paid or payable by the Service Recipient (you) to Service Provider (shop) for all Services contained within the Service Schedule.

As I understand this, you're quoting an email from the repair shop owner, but this is garbled nonsense.  Did you sign something relating to this repair?  If so, can you quote the applicable language from that document?

No way to answer your ultimate question without knowing exactly what you agreed to.