nsdq160th

marked non commercial but license is commercial / PA state police speeding ticket.

I have a speeding ticket issued in Milton County from PA state police stating the my license is NON COMMERCIAL but my license is a New York State Commercial driver license.  It's simply a marking of commercial or not.  Trooper issued me ticket for 60 on a 55 but gave me a break as I was actually caught radar doing 72 on the 55.  The fine is about a buck 60.  If I want to fight it, I would have to get a lawyer and it could cost more?  Is the ticket defective and a sure dismissal or should I just pay it?  It's for Mufflinville Township, PA court, I believe.  Any PA traffic ticket lawyer here to help?

1 hour ago, nsdq160th said:

If I want to fight it, I would have to get a lawyer and it could cost more? 

A lot more. Maybe $1000 to $1500 for the lawyer fee.

Is the ticket defective and a sure dismissal

No, it's not defective. The officer could have written dog license or fishing license and the ticket wouldn't be defective.

should I just pay it?

Can you take traffic school? If you are eligible it will keep it off your record and out of the hands of your insurance company.

9 hours ago, nsdq160th said:

If I want to fight it, I would have to get a lawyer and it could cost more?

Fight it on what basis?

In any event, despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question.  If your intent was to ask whether you "would have to get a lawyer," the answer is no.  If you're asking how much a lawyer in Milton County, PA might charge for a case such as yours, call some lawyers there and ask.

Is the ticket defective and a sure dismissal

We've never seen it, so we have no way of knowing.  However, even if the ticket were "defective" in some way, a ticket is nothing but notice, which could be amended to cure any defects.

should I just pay it?

Probably, unless traffic school is an option to keep it off your record.