Sign in to follow this  
Kanton

What kind of lawyer to find to sue my neighbor

I have a neighbor who often takes parties on weekends that last after midnight. I talked to them in the past to complain the noises but they never stop it. Recently I called police and this neighbor starts to be aggressive to me. I plan to file a lawsuit against them. Which type of lawyers are specialized in this?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Kanton said:

I have a neighbor who often takes parties on weekends that last after midnight. I talked to them in the past to complain the noises but they never stop it. Recently I called police and this neighbor starts to be aggressive to me. I plan to file a lawsuit against them. Which type of lawyers are specialized in this?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much any civil litigation attorney likely could handle this. You don't need to look for a large law firm as adjusterjack suggested. A small or even one person law firm could do it. You just want to look for an experienced civil trial lawyer. You'd basically be suing for an injunction (an order prohibiting the offending activities) based on nuisance. What you would need to win such a claim depends on your state's law, and you did not indicate the state. But consult with a couple of attorneys in your area (many will give free initial consultations) to ask how likely it is that you could win and what it will cost you and then select the attorney you are most comfortable with.